I apologize for the brevity of this post, but our team planning meeting went absurdly long this evening and I’m already exhausted.
Today was the day traditionally known for its demolition. Our experience today was much more constructive.
Vance made considerable headway with the bathroom. The water damaged floor was torn up, and to our pleasant surprise, the joists are all solid. We should be able to have the floor replaced and the bathroom functional, albeit unfinished, tomorrow.
The kitchen cabinets, which appeared to be in bad condition, ended up being merely coated with layers of grease. After a thorough scrubbing, we’ve decided not to paint the cabinets, because they look really good as is.
The roof was my main priority for the day. We started on the back side of the house, stripping all of the shingles. Only two of the plywood sheet had to be replaced, and we made good progress shingling it up.
For tomorrow, we have a bunch of good plans. We, unlike some of the other sites, are in a good position after our first day of work. More details will follow tomorrow. Good night.